Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Brought to you by founder/celebrity manicurist Myrdith Leon - McCormick, it is a line within damoreJon, a new, natural nail care system. Each shade is named after a celebrity that Myrdith has painted, and a portion of the proceeds is donated to aiding the people of her beloved homeland, Haiti. I Love it!
Inspired, and charitable. Now, that's good character.
What I really like about it, is that its Natural and colorful all at the same time - similiar to the DEX New York mineral makeup philosophy that natural doesn't have to be neutral.
Formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP free.
Available at DEX New York Studios - 224 W. 30th Street NYC 212.643.3188
About Myrdith Leon-McCormick:
Myrdith has worked with high profile stars such as Vivica A. Fox, Kate Hudson, Umma Thurman, Jill Scott, Jennifer Lopez, and Sarah Jessica Parker. She was also the manicurist on ad campaigns for renown brands like L'Oreal Paris, MAC, Maybeline, De Beers Diamonds, and Estee Lauder, and worked with a host of famous designers like Vera Wang, Carolina Herrara, Anne Barge, and Zac Posen. In 2008, the beauty guru decided it was time to create something of her own, which led to the launch of M2M Natural Nail Care by damoreJon.
Friday, October 23, 2009
At DEX New York Studios you can find a plethora of lace-front wigs, weaves, extensions and different colored hairpieces, to augment your tresses with the looks of Beyonce, Tyra Banks, Nicole Kidman, or Sarah Jessica Parker to name a few.
It's the norm today, and smart ladies are coming to DEX and having hairpieces woven or clipped in, to give them long, sleek tresses or extra va-va voom volume.
According to Naomi Porto - my senior stylist at DEX, "In our beauty atrium we're usually asked to create fuller-looking hair rather than to add length - people are moving away from the 'Wag' look of long, overly-glossy hair. We often have people ask us to fit a lace-front before their Saturday night out."
Of course, you can go the Lady Gaga route and wear a dramatic fake. But these days the cleverest weaves are impossible to spot.
"There are a million things you can do," says Scott Wasserman, Hair Expert at DEX New York Studios.
"If you look at Beyoncé or Tyra Banks, you can get amazing lace-front wigs. They look like a gauze and you stick them on, so you can't tell it's a wig, even when it blows back."The best thing about the lace-front wigs and weaves is you don't have to spend two years growing your hair out after a shocking cut. And, now you have many options to play with.
Ladies, it's time to have fun again!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
For more than 50 years, spa and salon professionals have used gentle galvanic currents in customized treatments to refresh and energize the skin. These treatments, through a gentle massaging action, help to focus cellular energy and enhance circulation. Now, why not do it yourself for half the price, and get long-lasting results.
How does a Galvanic Treatment work?
- During the Pre-treat cycle, the Galvanic instrument and the Pre-Treat Gel are negatively charged
- These negative charges repel each other, driving the Pre-Treat Gel into the skin.
- The Pre-Treat Gel binds to impurities deep in the skin.
- During the Treatment cycle, the Galvanic instrument and the Treatment Gel are positively charged
- These positive charges repel each other helping to deliver the beneficial ingredients to the skin, including the exclusive ageLOC ingredient blend.
- The positively charged instrument attracts the remaining negatively-charged impurities from the Pre-treat cycle, drawing them out of the skin.
The Nu Skin® Galvanic Spa® System II is Affordable. Compared to thousands of dollars you would spend monthly for traditional galvanic treatments at Spa Centers, the Galvanic Spa System is a cost-effective investment. This portable instrument allows you to enjoy a spa treatment at home. It rejuvenates skin, revitalizes your scalp, and renovates your body.
Available for retail at DEX New York - Coming Soon.
Perfect Holiday gift to yourself or loved one.
Please email for demo.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
False lashes are placed on the top of the lash line. Wall Street Onyx Pressed Eye Shadow is used in the crease to create depth in the eye. Empire State Platinum Pressed Eye Shadow is used on the lid to create a smoky effect. Wall Street Onyx is used again on the bottom lash line as eyeliner to create a dramatic effect. This is the sexy part of the look. Rockefeller Gold Pressed Eye Shadow is on the brow bone for highlighting the eye. Skin is made flawless with a signature blend of Mineral Loose Foundation, Mineral Tinted Hydrator, and Mineral Glow to give the skin a youthful glow. Atop the glowing blend, apply a gentle sweep of Mineral Finishing Powder for a soft look. Cheeks are contoured with Dune Beach Dark Pressed Bronzer. Lips are pouted with Amsterdam Ave Ginger and Central Park West Guava Lip Gloss.
Created by: John Henry, DEX New York Cosmetics National Makeup Artist.
* Apply DEX Mineral Illuminator to cover any imperfections.
* Create Mineral blend using 2-dime size scoops DEX Mineral Loose Foundation, 2-dime size scoops of DEX Mineral Glow, and 3 pumps of DEX Mineral Tinted Hydrator to create flawless, glowing skin.
* Mix Blend in a small soap dish using DEX Camouflage Foundation Brush.
* Use DEX Camouflage Foundation Brush to apply blend all over face.
* Using DEX retractable Kabuki Brush, gently sweep DEX Mineral Finishing Powder atop of blend all over face.
* Again using DEX retractable Kabuki Brush, dust DEX Mineral Pressed Bronzer from apples of cheeks to ears for contour.
* Use DEX Eye Contour Brush to apply Empire State Platinum Mineral Pressed Eye Shadow to lids, blending up to eye crease.
* Use DEX Eye Crease Brush to apply Wall Street Onyx Mineral Pressed Eye Shadow in the crease of the eye, from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye.
* Line lower lash line with Wall Street Onyx, using DEX Angled Eye Liner Brush wet.
* Use DEX Eye Contour Brush to apply Rockefeller Gold Mineral Pressed Eye Shadow on the brow bone, blending to lift the eye.
* Apply a set of medium faux eyelashes to top lash line. Then apply your favorite brand of voluminous mascara to top and lower lash line for sexy drama.
* Apply a generous amount of DEX Lip Gloss Amsterdam Ave Ginger and Central Park West Guava to lips.
Sexy Socialite – Fall ’09 Runway Look
Buy The Look
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
It gets better. You can enjoy cocktails, gourmet snacks, and listen to great music. Getting glammed up and having fun all at the same time, Who knew?
We are also offering complimentary makeup applications (with purchase of any product or hair services) for those who are heading out for a night out on the town - a perfect girls night out!
If you are a current client or become a new client at DEX, you will have the opportunity to receive double beauty points for referring your friends. Now thru 12/31/09 each referral is 700 pts, valued at $70, and good for the purchase of products and services (inquire further about rules and details).
So, if you've never been to DEX, you ought to check it out. It is the most unique beauty experience in New York City.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Yes, we got it right, says Dexter Phillip - Founder/CEO of DEX New York Cosmetics, Inc.
Check it out - www.dexnewyork.com
Mineral Loose Foundations - LF11 & LF12
The Richest Shades Available in the mineral beauty industry.
Photography: Bell Soto
Thursday, October 1, 2009
LK-06 Smith Street Rose - a rich, creamy color lipstick and protective treatment in one. Perfect for both naughty nights on the town, and after visits to the derm for some lip plumping action. It contains micro-bubble conditioners that continually releases, keeping lips soft and color fresh for hours. Gorgeous!!!